October Chapter Meeting
Our next chapter meeting will be Thursday, October 18th at 8:00am in our usual location, the MSU Federal Credit Union on Mount Hope Road, in the Farm Lane Community room. Join us for coffee and conversation!
Speaker/topic to be announced soon. Register for the chapter meeting here!
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM)!
For the past 15 years, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) have collaborated on the NCSAM effort to bring cybersecurity awareness and resources to everyday Americans. Their efforts promote and emphasize both an overarching theme and key messages.
Follow the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #CyberAware and tweet @ISSALansingMI with what you/your company is doing to promote cybersecurity awareness this month!
DHS Overarching Theme
Cybersecurity is Our Shared Responsibility and We All Must Work Together to Improve our Nation’s Cybersecurity
DHS Key Messages
- Strengthen the Nation’s Cybersecurity Ecosystem: Contribute and commit to strengthening the Nation’s Cyber Ecosystem
- Tackle it Together: Cybersecurity is a cross-cutting, cross-sector problem, so we have got to tackle it together.
- Build up the Cybersecurity Workforce: Increase and strengthen the cybersecurity workforce acrossall sectors.
- Secure Critical Infrastructure from Cyber Threats: Heighten resilience and understand how to best protect critical infrastructure from cyber threats.
For more information, visit https://www.dhs.gov/ncsam. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCSA Weekly Themes
- NCSA Week 1 -Make Your Home a Haven for Online Safety
- NCSA Week 2 -Millions of Rewarding Jobs: Educating for a Career in Cybersecurity
- NCSA Week 3 -It’s Everyone’s Job to Ensure Online Safety at Work
- NCSA Week 4 -Safeguarding the Nation’s Critical Infrastructure
Explore more on NCSA’s weekly NCSAM 2018 Themes at https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/about-ncsam/.