October 2017 Meeting & Events
Welcome to the start of spooky Halloween spirit & National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM)! There are lots of fun activities happening throughout the month in the cybersecurity space. Check out the #misec twitter feed for shenanigans.
- October 19: Lansing ISSA Chapter Meeting at 8:00am at the MSU FCU on Mt. Hope Road in Lansing. Presentation topic: cybersecurity in healthcare. (Register here)
- October 19: SUMIT_2017 at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor (Info here)
- October 19: Michigan Cyber Security Conference at JW Marriott in Grand Rapids (Info here)
- October 26-27: GrrCON Cybersecurity Summit & Hacker Conference (Info here)
- October 30: North American International Cyber Summit 2017 at the COBO Center in Detroit (Info here)
We are also very excited to announce our annual fall training under the title of “Lansing Cyber Academy”, a new Lansing ISSA initiative to educate and increase the skillset of our community members. Join us on Saturday, November 4th for a full day exploring an incident response open source tool in an interactive workshop setting. Watch this space for details on our door prizes and more information as we finish up our pre-event plans.
To register early for the November training, check out the Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lansing-issa-cyber-academy-2017-annual-training-event-tickets-38678670946